1. No one really knows our story. It’s a story of love and adventure, that much is clear to the naked eye. But ours is also a story of heartache and loss, fear and doubt, sacrifice and compromise. We are sponges for knowledge, and faithful warriors. We are broken enough to be interesting, and just whole enough to keep growing. We laugh, we cry, we hold, we yell, we hug. We live, love, laugh. Hard. Tender. Often.
2. I will love you broken. I will trust when you doubt. I will scream when you are silent. I will bow under the weight of your sorrow. I will hurt in the places you can’t reach. I will trace the shadow of your scars with tender care. I will love. Broken.
3. When I am rested, nourished, and quenched I come from a place of worthiness. If I am to live my life as it is written in the stars, I must commit to self-care like it’s my full time job.
4. He’s gone on a work trip, the first one in many months. The missing hit hard within five minutes of his departure. Then, I reminded myself that our love is born of independence and nourished by unrestrained freedom. The infinity loop is the only chain that binds us. As the great poet Rumi says, 'Let there be spaces in your togetherness.'
5. The sweet taste of his lips, the fresh redwood smell of the nape of his neck, the strong muscles that wrap around me in a hug that intones his ever-present love and support. Oh, how I love a reunion.